Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's a New Year!

A new year is always a great time to reflect on what has served us in the past and fashion plans and goals for the upcoming year. I am a planner and goal setter but I really like the system a friend of mine has used for the past several years. Rather than create goals that easily are forgotten soon after January 1st, she chooses a word for the year. One year she chose the word “reach” as her theme for the year. She determined to “reach” out to better serve her family, her friends and as a nurse, her patients. She resolved to “reach” out to increase her knowledge and become more educated. Her word encompassed all facets of her life. She made a necklace with that word engraved as a constant reminder of her “word”.


I really like her plan. I am contemplating the word I will adopt as my mantra in 2012. Once I choose the perfect word, I will create wall décor with that word and find ways to post it in front of me.

What word will you choose?

No comments: