Thursday, May 17, 2012

ARMY MOM




Imagine my surprise and emotion as I found note on my windshield after coming out of the grocery store last week. The yellow paper was carefully folded and tucked behind my windshield wiper. At first I thought one of my kids must have seen my car in the parking lot and left a note. It is easy to tell my car as the license plate holder reads: PROUD MOM U.S. ARMY.

But as I opened the note, the message was from a complete stranger, written anonymously. It read: “Thank you for raising someone who has the courage to defend our freedoms.” The message touched me deeply. How kind of this person to take time to express their gratitude. When I was able to share this tender experience with our soldier son he told us that it is that sort of gratitude that makes rigorous military life all worthwhile.

Wouldn’t the world be a better place if each of us would take a few minutes every day to express gratitude for the little things we appreciate?

No comments: