Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Summer Olympics 2012

Photo provided by Photos by MJ

Like many of you, I enjoyed watching the Olympics. If only the Summer Olympics could be broadcast “live”during the winter months when life isn’t quite so busy away from home, I would be able to dedicate more time for watching the entire event.

The snippets I caught were inspiring. Watching athletes from all over the globe who have disciplined themselves to reach beyond what the average person can do, reminds us of our potential and how we can accomplish anything we want if we are determined enough. There are insights about the human spirit that are unveiled at this global event. We are reminded that our bodies can serve us in multiple ways and we can accomplish whatever we set out to master.


My take away from the events I witnessed was Gabby Douglas’ profound comment about her success as she said she sends “Glory up to God and He sends down the miracles”. I never want to forget that truth.



What was your favorite “aha moment”during the Olympics?

No comments: