Thursday, October 11, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is National Breast Cancer awareness month
 
Today I am the proud owner of a beautiful pink rose.

It had been too long since I took time to have a mammogram and determined I needed to schedule the procedure. When I called to make an appointment, they informed me that had an opening just an hour and a half from that time. Why not? I could have that marked off my list and wouldn’t have to think about doing it for days or weeks to come. So within ninety minutes I was in the office ready for the scan.

I shared some humor with the tech, sharing the joke about to prepare for a mammogram, all one needed to do it lie down on their side on the hard, cold cement floor of the garage and ask someone to back the car over a certain part of you then pull forward. Then repeat that same process, this time lying on your other side. Probably considered very sick humor, it got me through the appointment with a smile on my face.

One long stem pink rose and two pink nail files later, I walked out of the office with the satisfaction of caring for myself with preventative measures.

I encourage you to be smart about your health care.
 
 

No comments: